In case you were wondering what the meaning of life was, that’s the short of it. If you got that reference, Sharon Jackson, Megan and Raewyn are doing the octopus dance. We loved the way that Sharon embraces her nerdiness within her business. It is, after all, a part of her truth.
This episode is sponsored by Vanity Planet!
Vanity Planet is a boutique marketplace, focused on beauty, grooming, and wellness. They’re more than your typical online store. They source, curate, and design products that benefit your life on the daily. Their approach is simple: amazing taste with minimal investment. Each item they carry is selected with intention and quality is never, ever sacrificed. Why? Because like you, they say forget the stigmas. They admit they care about their appearance and how they portray themselves to the world. Care and confidence run deep in their veins, so they’re conscious about the things they own and understand how they improve our everyday lives. Use code: SHIELDSISTERS for 10% off!
In this episode we talked about:
- Smiling and how it affects you when you are depressed.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- Her self-discovery journey.
- Self-sabotage and how easy it can be.
- Writing for SEO versus connecting with your audience.
- Delainey’s crankiness and demand of Mickey Mouse.
- Sharon’s discoveries once her children grew up.
- How to be a role model for your children and still follow your passion and truth.
- The struggle of the juggle
Our favorite quotes:
- “In two words: Individual Community. We’re all individuals and should be treated with respect and understanding but we’re all a part of a greater community .” – Sharon Jackson
- “It’s the little things that make the big moments and the big waves.” – Sharon Jackson
- “When you’re speaking truth it is relatable to other people within your audience and it’s relatable in a way for them to say “Hey I like this chick. She’s got a lot to say and it makes me feel like I could have a cup of coffee or a cup of tea with her.'” – Megan Kubasch
- “Knowing your passion and your truth makes it so much easier to decide who it is you want to work with. Targeting that one specific person instead of everyone is so much better. ” – Raewyn Sangari
**this post may contain affiliate links and sponsorships to help us to continue to bring you the best content!**
If we had to give you just one tip…
Know yourself above everything. From that place of self-knowledge, you can move forward. Stand proud and develop the areas you may need to but embrace who you are.
Link drop like it’s hot:
More About Sharon Jackson
Sharon is an unashamed geek who has recently released her two new lifeform experiments out to infiltrate society after twenty years of nurturing them. Totally ready for her next adventures and challenges.
In business, she works with visionary entrepreneurs and business owners to change the way they think about themselves, their life, and their business so that they can forge their own path with confidence, courage, and conviction.
She drinks coffee in the morning, water in the afternoon, and JD in the evening. She hasn’t met a cake she didn’t like, and she always sees the problem as not enough shelves rather than too many books. The answer is forever 42 and she knows where my towel is at any given moment.
If you love the show, we would love it if you would share us with a friend, subscribe and rate us!
Intro Music: The Friendly Monstershop by The Zombie Dandies