When you are your brand – from all walks of life – clients are happy to refer their friends to you and your business grows. Knowing your passion and connecting your brand to it is important. Join us today as we talk to Erin Montgomery about how to gain more yesses than nos and to start your business locally first.
This episode is sponsored by our course, Embracing Your Inner Queen in Five!
Embracing Your Inner Queen in Five is our 5-module audio and visual self-love course. Complete with a workbook and 30-minute soul session with Raewyn, this course will take you through the 5 areas of self-love and provide you with the tools you need to continue to through the overwhelm and roughest days. Embracing Your Inner Queen in Five focuses heavily on building your self-love community because we are not meant to be on this journey alone!
In this episode we talked about:
- The podcasts she’s been doing lately and how awesome it is to be more conversational.
- How she made social media her business.
- How her journalism degree helped her to understand “No” when pitching and to not feel beaten down, but rather give her the drive to push harder.
- Erin’s tips on how to handle the rejection.
- Tips for gaining more connection and less “no’s” in social media.
- How Megan and Raewyn actually met.
- How Erin draws the line on asking for advice in your area of expertise.
- Knowing your own value as an entrepreneur.
- Speaking at engagements to help you gain new clients.
- The benefits of starting local first.
Our favorite quotes:
- “For every person who tells you ‘no,’ you’re closer to the next Yes.” – Megan Kubasch
- “When you hear the no, take a minute and step back and really understand that maybe you didn’t vibe together; maybe they didn’t understand your message; maybe they’re not your ideal client. Take a minute to understand why they said no, and then re-evaluate how you’re putting out your message.” – Erin Montgomery
- “It’s okay for you to not be right with someone because there is going to be someone out there who is going to reach your message and is going to connect with you in the way that you want to connect.” – Raewyn Sangari
**this post may contain affiliate links and sponsorships to help us to continue to bring you the best content!**
If we had to give you just one tip…
Follow what it is you’re looking for (more time with your children, etc) can lead you toward your passion and use Facebook groups to find your niche!
Link Drop Like It’s Hot
More About Erin Montgomery
Erin is the speaker, writer and social media pro who heads up Piper Media. She’s helped local businesses expand their reach and their presence online. She also works with driven, online creatives, sharing her 10 years of media and public relations knowledge to grow their businesses with targeted, customized content on all platforms.
If you love the show, we would love it if you would share us with a friend, subscribe and rate us!
Intro Music: The Friendly Monstershop by The Zombie Dandies